b'Pyle and Kenfig Golf Club was formed by the golfers of the Newton Nottage Golf Club, a club itself formed in 1919, the nine hole P & K course was opened Saturday 29th July 1922.An inaugural luncheon was held at which Mr.T.C. Graham, Captain of Royal Porthcawl Golf Club announced he would present a trophy for a matchplay competition off handicap. An Exhibition match was played following that lunch between H.R.Howell of Penarth (Welsh Amateur Champion) partnered by John Duncan a former holder of the Welsh Amateur trophy with the opposition being two players from the professional ranks W.B.Lewis the club professional and partnered by Percy Allis (father of Peter) who at the time was the Clyne Golf Club Professional. The result sadly is not recorded. The course consisted of nine holes with a par of 38. The course record of a three under par 35 being held byMr. E.C. Rowe.By 1925 the course was a full 18 holes and was entirely different from the course we know today, the road which presently divides the course today did not exist as such although there was what can be best described as a cart track running from Nottage village to Ton Kenfig.Two of the best players of the day George Duncan and Arthur Havers played the Pyle and Kenfig course in 1926 and expressed their opinion that the course had great potential, this being only four years after the course was established. Harry Colt one of golfs greatest course architects on seeing Waun y Mer common for the first time evinced the opinion that the site was admirably suited to the laying out of a golf course, and his design is incorporated in much of the present course.5'